Monday, September 03, 2007

Marching Band does OK Computer









This is the University Arizona Marching band from last year. I think if more bands, especially high school, played stuff like this, they would attract a lot more people to play in marching band than actually do. Maybe they wouldn't get beat-up and made fun of as much, because they are playing cool, modern music, instead of Vivaldi, or Beethoven, or something equally boring to modern youth. Probably just wishful thinking, either way, this was pretty awesome to watch.


All songs as far as I know are from OK Computer. I know I heard Paranoid Android, Airbag and Fitter, Happier. I didn't quite like Fitter, Happier, the voiced were too on-beat and forced. The real song is more just like someone talking. But I guess its hard to get a couple hundred band geeks to talk in unison while marching. The trumpet solo in the second part is pretty amazing too

No comments: