Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I found the Pam to my Jim

So I am a pretty big fan of the Office, and I love the dynamic between Pam and Jim, and I was thinking about it... and I absolutely love the fact that Mary is my Pam. We have all the elements, an impending decision that would have most likely taken her out of my life for quite a while... a girl I have an awesome relationship with, but things just couldn't work out. And now they are. I am more than excited.

For those of you who don't watch the office... you should. watch this, and tell me it doesn't give you goose bumps:





In 57 days I get to marry one one of my best friends. I am more than excited, I am elated. I can't stop smiling and I can't stop thinking about her. I think the best part about it, is that she feels the same way. We send cheesey texts to each other all the time, and hers are just as bad as mine. I always thought that I would be with someone who wouldn't appreciate my cheezyness, or would sort of grow to resent it, but Mary gives as good as she receives.

So now in just under 2 months, I get to marry Mary. Seriously? I still can't believe it sometimes. When I think about us in the future, I never really pictured us married. Which sort of bugged our friends Jake and Meredith. They thought they would have to adjust to another set of people; my wife and her husband, and would hope that they just fit in with our group of friends. So now we just fit. Its amazing how compatable we are.


So for those of you who were super scared and would never tell that girl that you liked her, just do it, because who knows, maybe 3 years down the line she'll open her eyes and become the love of your life.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Tanner!!! I love that I just happend upon your blog and got to read about your love affair with Mary!! I've heard her side of it but it's tender to my heart to read your side. I love this little change of events! Mary and Tanner getting married after all these years of friendship... it's perfect! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
Very cool blogs. Love the office clip. You lucky dog. It's great to be in love.
Jaime C.