Thursday, August 03, 2006

so tuesday night, i was helping my dad and my brother load up our hot rod onto a trailer. this guy in phoenix is going to finish it. i'm super excited about it, the car has a lot of sentimental value to me. my dad started building it before i was born, and he ran out of time and money to finish it, so it has just been sitting in our garage surrounded by boxes and models and fabric and 1/2 finished projects and dust, inches and inches of dust.
anyways, i was trying to put on of the ramps on and ... (disclaimer, not for the squeemish) i dropped the ramp on my foot. i didn't really notice anything had happened except that it landed on my foot and hurt a little bit. i looked down and i noticed it looked a little strange. my big toe nail was no longer attached to my toe and was just sitting there. it was hanging on by a thread... so i reached down and ripped it the rest of the way off. my brother said that i better go clean it up. so i went inside. as i walked, every step, blood would shoot out a couple inches in front of my flip flop. so i grabbed a towel and wrapped my foot in it so i wouldn't get blood all over my mom's carpet and tile.
i got to the bathroom, and ran some water over it. it looked pretty bad. a few minutes went by and my brother came in. i stood up to get some gauze and stuff and i almost passed out. my brother said i was super white, which is extremely uncharacteristic of me, because i am always red. anyways, i sat down and he brought me some water and a banana. i felt much better. for a split second i felt like i should go to the hospital, because it was bleeding pretty bad, but instead i just wrapped it up in some gauze and went back out to help with the hot rod. we got it all loaded and i went to dinner with some friends for a few hours. when we came back, they all wanted to see it, so i went to the bathroom and took the bandage off, immediately blood was everywhere. i guess my blood didn't coagulate as fast as i had hoped.
so my mom called this nurse guy that lives down the street, but he wasn't home, so instead she called this chiropracter that used to be in the homeward. he is the holistic medicine guy and is super strange, and sure enough, he got all strange and started talking about how bad antibiotics were for you and stuff, what a spaz. he was talking about them making fake bricks in my blood cells and stuff, he's insane, but whatever, he said he didn't think i needed stiches.
so yesterday, i stayed home from work, to keep off of it, and to keep it propped up on his recommendation. anyways it doesn't hurt much, but it still bled when i put it down below my heart. when it was propped up, nothing much happened, but come on, how am i supposed to function like that. anyways, i went to sleep last night, thinking that it would stop bleeding some time in the night, but nope, the damn thing is still making my bandages red and its annoying as hell. i guess if it doesn't stop bleeding i'll go to a real doctor. i guess thats the responsible thing to do.
i guess no more DDR for me for a while!

No comments: