Wednesday, August 29, 2007

While You Were Out

So, I've told Mary many stories about the strange things about my family, and I've tried to warn her, but I'm not sure that she ever takes me seriously. I try to warn her that at all extended family functions, we all tend to gather in the corner and talk amongst ourselves rather than mingle with our cousins. Or that my mom does some pretty amazing things to save a few pennies, closes the closet doors so you don't have to A/C the air in the closets, or saving old jam jars to use a glasses. No matter what it is, I'm not really sure that Mary ever takes me seriously.


Well, this weekend we went to Kentucky to visit Mary's sister, as I'm sure you know from this. Anyways, we had my dad drop us off at the airport, but before we left, my mom asked is she could go over to our house and try out or recumbant exercise bike. Since we turned up the air to like 90 while we were gone, I told her that she would need to go over and turn the air down so she doesn't roast in there. When we got back, she mentioned that she did if a couple times and that she sort of liked it. Mary and I go home and start to unpack and put things away, etc... all the sudden, Mary stops and asks me, "Why are all of our closets closed?". You see, most of the time, the closet in the study/den stays open since thats where all of our supplies are; paper, stamps, etc. Same with the bedroom closet. I think about it, and it dawns on me... finally, I have proof. My mom went through our house and closed all the closets so that when she turned the air down to 80 while she worked out, we wouldn't have to pay to cool the air from the closets. I'm not sure if this is funny to anyone else but me, but I think its hilarious.




Currently Playing:
Zelda: Twilight Princess

Just got to the Sky levels. This game is awesome!


1 comment:

RPH said...

ok, i think that is halarious! I, like you, dont think my spouse takes me seriously when i tell him all the crazy stories about our family. thanks for finally posting it tanner, that is really funny, be sure duston gets it too huh?