Sunday, July 29, 2007

Do dogs live in bullet time?

So I was thinking about this the other day, and it got me thinking. A dog lives 1/7th the time a human does, so my parent's dog Leroy is about 9 or 10 now, which would make him about 70 years old. Pretty good that he can still roll over and even jump up onto the couch or bed or something. I have a hard time vaulting into our raised bed, and I'm about 50x as tall as he is and I'm only 26. Then I started thinking some more and I wonder if time is even slowed down for them.
Do things that take us 30 minutes really take them 3 and a half hours? When I tell him to sit, does he hear sssssssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!, like 45 being played at 33? And what about watching TV with my parents? Does sitting down and watching America's Got Talent take 7-14 hours of their life? I don't think I can sit through that. I barely can stand to watch the Hoff for 2 hours, and thats on tivo fast-forwarding through the boring parts. And then sleeping, if the time theory is true, then he has successfully slept for more than a day. Which is pretty amazing. He must think that humans move really slow, but I guess he moves that slow too, I'm having a hard time balancing space time in 1/7th the speed. What about when my parents go to work? They are gone for more than 2 full days, which is an amazing amount of time to spend holding it and not going to the bathroom. And what about going to the bathroom? To him, that probably runs a good hour or so. When was the last time you had a nice, calm, relaxing hour long bathroom break? Just a thought.

ps... for those of you who don't know what bullet time is... watch the Matrix, or see here

No comments: