Saturday, December 02, 2006

Kramergate

For those of you living in a closet, Michael Richards went off last week. He spouted off a bunch of racial words (mostly the 'N' word) to some black guys that were being load or something at the Laugh Factory in LA when he was doing a show. They started in on each other, and he started yelling a bunch of crap to them. I have no idea what he was talking about the fork up their @$$, but whatever... anyways, someone made this and we featured it on our site:

It's pretty funny, when you throw it all together. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what to think about the whole thing. Gloria Alred, this "Civil Rights" Attorney in LA is representing one of the "victims" in this whole thing. They haven't said whether or not they are going to sue or not, but if you ask me... if her choices are to have Michael Richards apologize or do some other kind of gesture to say he is sorry, or take it to court and try to make millions of dollars for nothing... I think the lawyer is going to op for the 2nd option.

What I don't understand is how making someone fork over a bunch of cash makes everything ok. Who decided that that penalty is justified and correct, for every mistake anyone ever made. Why don't they do strange things, like they did in the fake Seinfeld pilot. Make Michael Richards be those guys butler for week. That sounds like a sweet punishment. Totally degrading to Richards. His career is really going nowhere, so thats already punishment.

I don't really understand what basis they have to sue on. People make fun of people in the audience all the time, especially hecklers. Comediens shoot back at them all the time. He's guy on stage telling jokes, i don't think anyone there really thought he was threatening to shove a fork up anyone's caboose. But I'm neither black, nor was I there, so I guess my opinion doesn't really matter.

Anyways, I got a chuckle out of those, so maybe you will too...

No comments: