Sunday, May 03, 2009

Meerkats vs Dirty Sexy Money

So I saw the previews to Dirty Sexy Money a long time ago, and the title through me off and I had no real interest to see it until earlier this week one of my coworkers mentioned it and showed me a clip from it. I noticed it had Peter Krause from Sports Night so I decided to give it a shot. A week later I've seen about 6 episodes and I like the show so far.



My only beef with the show is that the intro to the show is almost exactly like the intro to Meerkat Manor. Both introduce the family members 1 by 1 by saying their name, and their position in the family, and the last introduction is to multiple people, with a description of their behavior. Let's compare:


















Dirty, Sexy Money Intro Script Meerkat Manor Intro Script
My father worded as a lawyer for the richest family in New York, until his plane went down in Long Island Sound. He left me, his biggest client...
Meet...
the Darlingsthe Whiskers


  • Tripp the empire builder

  • Letitia the sophisticated socialite

  • Brian the man of God

  • Patrick the principled politian

  • Karen the professional divorceé, and

  • Jeremy & Juliette the well-behaved twins




  • Flower the leader of the group

  • Zaphod her partner

  • Youssarian with some social problems

  • Mozart the caring one

  • Tosca the rebellious one

  • courageous little Shakespeare

  • and the naughty kids


No comments: